Physiotherapy consists a wide range of conservative interventions in order to treat various musculoskeletal disorders.
The interventions include electrotherapy and mechanotherapy.As far as electrotherapy instruments are concerned, there are a wide range of art-out-state equipment which are benefited from different waves including Laser, Magnet therapy, Tecar therapy, Shockwave and Ultrasound. There are some examples of musculoskeletal pain and their treatments as follow.
- Shoulder pain arises from many MSK conditions eg Shoulder Osteoarthritis, Rotator cuff and tendinitis. The effectiveness of physiotherapy interventions for shoulder pain have been confirmed. The primary aim of physiotherapy of shoulder pain is to reduce pain and improve function through correction of modifiable physical impairments.
- Laser therapy, Dry needling, shockwave and some manual therapy techniques are the best choices for the treatment of shoulder problems.
- There are many types of knee injuries and conditions, which can be treated successfully by Physiotherapy. These range from ligament and cartilage problems to tendon and muscular strains. Knee pain can also be due to overuse injuries, sudden injuries or conditions such as arthritis, gout or infections. Our Physiotherapists are experts in assessing the cause of knee pain and treating the problem effectively.
- DBC (Documented Based Care) has positive and drastic impacts on knee-related problems such as ACL and meniscal injuries.
- Back and neck pain: Physiotherapy is one of the most widely used forms of treatment adopted for gaining relief from low back pain. It is used in both modes, as a single line of treatment as well as in combination with other treatments such as massage, heat, traction, ultrasound or short wave diathermy.
- The human back is basically a highly complex system of series of interlocking elements including the vertebrae, discs, facet joints, ligaments and muscles. Owing to such a complex structure, an episode of back pain needs a strong physiotherapy-based rehabilitation program.
- In addition to the aforementioned treatment factors, Back school is an important part of back pain rehabilitation including practical education and useful points which can alleviate the pressure during work.
What does a physiotherapist do?Physiotherapy is treatment to restore, maintain, and make the most of a patient’s mobility, function, and well-being. Physiotherapy helps through physical rehabilitation, injury prevention, and health and fitness. Physiotherapists get you involved in your own recovery.