Andrology and Embryology Laboratory
In the andrology laboratory, spermogram testing, sperm preparation for intrauterine insemination IUI, DFI laboratory and sperm preparation for microinjection and IVF are performed.
When is IUI recommended to the patient?
- Count of low sperms or slow motility of sperms
- Excessive count of unnatural sperms
- Low semen volume
- Anti-Sperm Antibodies in semen
- Existence of deadly sperm secretion in the cervix
- Low cervical mucus
- When the cervix mucus is very thick and sperm are not allowed to pass. Problems with cervical mucus can be identified during the Coital Test (PCT Post).
- Mild or moderate endometriosis
- Impossibility of ejaculation in the vagina by a man due to impotence (inability to create and maintain an erection or structural disorders of the penis, paralysis of the lower extremities or the presence of reversible ejaculation.
- Problems with ovulation in women
- Vaginismus (involuntary contraction of the vaginal muscles that makes sexual intercourse impossible)
- Infertility of unknown cause
How successful is infertility treatment?When a patient or couple is pursuing fertility treatment, there is always an emphasis on success rates. … For women under 35, 80% gave birth within 5 years of starting fertility treatment. For women between 35 and 40, 61% gave birth within that same time frame.